In Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, players are treated to a vast array of weaponry, combining the arsenal of both MW3 and its predecessor, MW2. While this expansive selection offers a diverse range of options, some players prefer to immerse themselves exclusively in the new content of MW3. For those who wish to tailor their experience to focus on Modern Warfare 3's unique offerings, the Gunsmith feature provides a solution. This guide will walk you through the process of hiding MW2 weapons in the Gunsmith, allowing you to concentrate on the latest weapons and attachments MW3 has to offer.
Accessing the Custom Loadouts Screen
- Start the Game: Open Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and select the multiplayer mode.
- Navigate to Weapons: Go to the ‘Weapons’ tab, which is where you'll find your custom loadouts.
- Select a Loadout: Choose one of your custom loadouts to modify.
Filtering MW3 Weapons in the Gunsmith
- Open Primary Weapon Slot: Within your chosen loadout, select the primary weapon slot to view available weapons.
- Access Weapons Filter: Press R2 (on PlayStation) or RT (on Xbox) to bring up the ‘Weapons Filter’ tab.
- Choose MW3 Weapons: In the filter options, tick or select the ‘Modern Warfare 3’ option. This action will ensure that only weapons from MW3 are displayed in the Gunsmith.
- Apply the Filter: With the MW3 option selected, your Gunsmith view will now only show MW3 weapons, excluding those from MW2.
Managing MW3 Weapon Choices
- Browse and Select Weapons: You can now easily browse through the MW3 weapons, see which ones are unlocked, and plan which ones to unlock next.
- Track Camo Progression: This filtered view also helps in efficiently tracking the camo progression of MW3 weapons.
- MW2 Attachments Visibility: As of now, it is not possible to filter out MW2 attachments in MW3. The available filters for attachments include weapon stats, locked items, and Aftermarket Parts.
By following these simple steps, players can tailor their MW3 experience to focus exclusively on the game's native arsenal, thereby enjoying a more streamlined and focused gameplay experience. This feature is particularly useful for players who want to immerse themselves in the new content and track their progression more efficiently. Keep in mind the limitation regarding the visibility of MW2 attachments, and enjoy customizing your loadouts in Modern Warfare 3.