• 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Mac Gamers Left Behind: The Unresolved Dilemma of CS2’s Release

The much-anticipated launch of Counter-Strike 2 (CS2) by Valve has stirred excitement within the gaming community, offering a revamped experience for PC gamers. However, Mac users find themselves in limbo, unable to access this next-level gaming experience.

CS2's Limited Availability: A Mac User's Conundrum

The seamless migration of the established CS:GO title to Valve’s newly developed Source 2 has marked CS2 as a distinguished engine update rather than a standalone release. Although this novel incorporation has completely supplanted CS:GO on Steam, it has induced complications, notably rendering the game inaccessible to Mac users, prompting concerns and dissatisfaction within the Mac gaming community.

Potential Reasons and Community Responses

Some supporters of Valve’s decision suggest that the restriction roots from the necessity for additional refinement to make the game compatible with diverse operating systems, including Mac and Linux. Several responses highlighted current issues with the Linux version, such as a rendering bug allowing users to see through smokes, underlining the potential instability of CS2 on non-Windows systems.

Despite the ongoing discontent and debates, there's a silver lining for Mac users longing for the CS2 experience. SteamDB, known for its meticulous tracking of Steam's multifaceted systems, has reportedly detected the existence of a Mac version of CS2, hinting at ongoing developments and preparations for a Mac release by Valve.

Anticipated Resolution and Future Developments

Apple's rigorous standards for app releases might be contributing to the delays in the Mac launch of CS2, posing additional challenges for Valve. However, the overwhelming interest and exceptional load on Valve’s servers indicate a strong likelihood of expanding CS2 availability to ensure inclusivity across platforms.

The official Counter-Strike Twitter account hinted at the significant influx of players eager to explore the revamped shooter game, and with such immense interest, isolating any platform seems unlikely. While Mac users await their turn, the hope remains that Valve's ongoing endeavors will soon result in a comprehensive release, allowing every gamer to delve into the enriched and innovative world of Counter-Strike 2.

View full article

AdSense Advertisement

I was super salty about this, I had just downloaded csgo on my Mac the night before not knowing cs2 would replace it. Came down in the morning seen it wanted to updated to cs2 said it worked on Mac got excited again. Downloaded it tried to play and got utterly pissed. Can’t even play csgo now. Was excited to finally start it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spartan said:

I was super salty about this, I had just downloaded csgo on my Mac the night before not knowing cs2 would replace it. Came down in the morning seen it wanted to updated to cs2 said it worked on Mac got excited again. Downloaded it tried to play and got utterly pissed. Can’t even play csgo now. Was excited to finally start it.

I have no idea why they did it as an upgrade. There was no reason to doubt that CS2 would take over the community as an independent release.  Even with the handful of issues it is having, it would still be going strong and would only get better as CS:GO lost support for things and drove the hold outs to CS2.