• ๐ŸŽฎ Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena โ€“ Sign Up Now! ๐ŸŽฎ

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

๐Ÿ‘‹ Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community thatโ€™s all about gaming thrills and skills.

๐Ÿ‘‰ย Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming โ€“ where every level matters!ย ๐Ÿ‘ˆ

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Halo's Battle Royale Dreams Dashed: Project Tatanka Reportedly Cancelled

Cancellation of Long-Anticipated Halo Battle Royale

The gaming community has been abuzz with reports suggesting the cancellation of the much-anticipated Halo battle royale game, a project developed by Certain Affinity in collaboration with the Halo series' mainstay, 343 Industries. The project, codenamed 'Project Tatanka', has reportedly been in development for over two years, engaging nearly a hundred professionals in its creation. This news comes from a reliable source on the XboxEra podcast, Shpeshal_Nick, who indicated that the project might have been shelved.

Certain Affinity's Involvement and Project Evolution

Certain Affinity, known for its co-development efforts on the Halo series, had previously hinted at its deepening involvement with Halo's core development team, 343 Industries. The company expressed its commitment to evolving Halo Infinite in novel and exciting ways. While Microsoft never officially announced the project, Certain Affinity had openly discussed it, suggesting a significant investment in time and resources.

Uncertain Future and Shifting Focus

The future of the project took a turn as detailed in a Bloomberg report discussing the trajectory of 343 Industries. The report suggested that while 'Project Tatanka' began as a battle royale concept, there were indications it might shift focus and evolve in different directions. This development hinted at a possible transformation in the project's scope and objectives before the recent reports of its cancellation emerged.

The news of the Halo battle royale project's reported cancellation marks a significant moment in the Halo series' ongoing narrative, reflecting the dynamic and often unpredictable nature of video game development. Fans of the franchise are left to speculate on the future directions the series might take and the innovative projects that may yet emerge from the collaboration of Certain Affinity and 343 Industries.

View full article

AdSense Advertisement

The cancellation of this Halo battle royale project Tatanka isn't a good precedent yet again by 343 Industries. It's now more like they are never sure about what they really want to do. For a game project to be in works for 2 years with so many fans waiting in anticipation for it but it's been thrown out is really really bad.ย 

20 minutes ago, Spartan said:

I was actually really looking forward to this sucks to hear about it being canceled.

Been really impressed with creators are making on forge. The maps and game modes are fun and uniqueย 

Exactly! Looking at how big the Halo gaming and even movie/TV show franchise have become, there was definitely a very high expectations on the battle royale game project. I seriously hope they bring this back from wherever they are dumping it off to.ย 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:59 AM, Heatman said:

The cancellation of this Halo battle royale project Tatanka isn't a good precedent yet again by 343 Industries. It's now more like they are never sure about what they really want to do. For a game project to be in works for 2 years with so many fans waiting in anticipation for it but it's been thrown out is really really bad.ย 

I can't help but feel like 343 has lost its way (well, really never had its way) with Halo and instead of just pushing to make the best Halo game, they keep pushing to make the "current best thing", but with a Halo skin.ย ย 

On 1/16/2024 at 6:17 AM, Spartan said:

I was actually really looking forward to this sucks to hear about it being canceled.

Been really impressed with creators are making on forge. The maps and game modes are fun and uniqueย 

If they had a Battle Royale and it had access to the Forge, that would have been an awesome combination.ย  It would have surely become a dream game for streamers and content creators.

On 1/18/2024 at 8:10 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Seems like Halo's golden days are quickly fading away, MS might want to get the series into better hands.

I completely agree with you on this assessment. It's not just Halo franchise that's facing the same thing, CoD is suffering as well. Microsoft have serious job on their hand to save those game franchise.ย 

On 1/18/2024 at 2:10 AM, Demon_skeith said:

Seems like Halo's golden days are quickly fading away, MS might want to get the series into better hands.

I lost all faith in 343 when I watched them patch Halo Wars 2 for around 6 years straight with no new features and it never once became a remotely balanced RTS game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Uncrowned Guard said:

I lost all faith in 343 when I watched them patch Halo Wars 2 for around 6 years straight with no new features and it never once became a remotely balanced RTS game.

AmiGaming channel I follow on Facebook had the same opinion about how bad Halo Wars 2 was and I couldn't argue with it at all. 343 Industries treated the game it didn't matter in any way and that's why it came out the way it did.ย 

On 1/18/2024 at 1:10 AM, Demon_skeith said:

For me halo 3 custom games was the golden days, the current halo with the custom maps and modes is as close as weโ€™ve been since halo 3 custom match lobbies all night with the og homies, at least for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

For me halo 3 custom games was the golden days, the current halo with the custom maps and modes is as close as weโ€™ve been since halo 3 custom match lobbies all night with the og homies, at least for me.

Personally, I also believe that Halo 3 was among the best release in the franchise and it was very successful too. The game's graphics was very good, with a solid storyline and great controls.ย