• 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you buy battle passes upfront?

Most games nowadays have the option of a battle pass. Whilst you may purchase a battle pass in one game, you may not purchase them in all games you play, I know I don't.

I always know that with the Fortnite battle pass, I will complete it so I buy that upfront but when it comes to other games such as Destiny 2 or even Overwatch 2, I tend to play the game when I am in the mood to and will only buy the battle pass if I complete it so that I get all the premium rewards or if I am close to completing it and I know I will have it completed by the end of that current season. 

Do you buy battle passes upfront or do you wait until you know for sure you have or will complete it? 

AdSense Advertisement

I don't invest in what I know that I'm not going to see through to the end. It's why I don't usually buy or pay for my game's battle passes upfront for any reason whatsoever until I'm very certain that I would see it off completely. I hate wasting money anyhow especially when there are so many other things to spend it on. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 12:46 PM, Heatman said:

I don't invest in what I know that I'm not going to see through to the end. It's why I don't usually buy or pay for my game's battle passes upfront for any reason whatsoever until I'm very certain that I would see it off completely. I hate wasting money anyhow especially when there are so many other things to spend it on. 

I couldn't agree with you. There are a lot of games now that tend to have battle passes and it would take a lot of gaming to get through them all, especially with things away from playing video games as well. 

This is why I take the approach where if I have completed a battle pass in a game, I will then buy it to get all the extra rewards but if not, I don't purchase it as I see no point as it would be a waste. 

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Excommunicado said:

I buy it upfront because I’m not a very patient person. There have been times when I’ve regretted it because I ended up not maxing out the pass, but there has also been times when it has motivated me to grind it out.

I used to be like this myself but I soon learned it was better for me to play the game and see how far I got and then get the battle pass if I knew I could complete it so most of the free ones ended up being what I went through before I purchased the battle pass. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shortie said:

I used to be like this myself but I soon learned it was better for me to play the game and see how far I got and then get the battle pass if I knew I could complete it so most of the free ones ended up being what I went through before I purchased the battle pass. 

That’s a sensible choice but I know that many games will tempt you by adding ‘boosts’ of some kind to the battle pass that would allow you to get the pass completed quicker, and these boosts would be of no use to you if you’ve already maxed the pass. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Excommunicado said:

That’s a sensible choice but I know that many games will tempt you by adding ‘boosts’ of some kind to the battle pass that would allow you to get the pass completed quicker, and these boosts would be of no use to you if you’ve already maxed the pass. 

That is very true. I believe the one game I used to play that was like that was Destiny 2 unless I am mistaken. I remember purchasing that battle pass once and even with the boosts, never fully completed it unfortunately but I did get to level 95 so it was further than I expected. 

25 minutes ago, Shortie said:

That is very true. I believe the one game I used to play that was like that was Destiny 2 unless I am mistaken. I remember purchasing that battle pass once and even with the boosts, never fully completed it unfortunately but I did get to level 95 so it was further than I expected. 

I have never played Destiny 2 so I wouldn’t know but there is a mobile game called Clash Royale which gives you a lot of free tiers when you buy their pass.

Edited by Excommunicado
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Excommunicado said:

I have never played Destiny 2 so I wouldn’t know but there is a mobile game called Clash Royale which gives you a lot of free tiers when you buy their pass.

I have heard of Clash Royale but have not played it yet. One I would like to check out though so will definitely be doing so 🙂

On 9/22/2023 at 10:19 AM, Shortie said:

I have heard of Clash Royale but have not played it yet. One I would like to check out though so will definitely be doing so 🙂

You’re about 7 years late. 😅

Just kidding. I’m sure you could still get into the game. I’ve just played it so much I’m bored of it now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Excommunicado said:

You’re about 7 years late. 😅

Just kidding. I’m sure you could still get into the game. I’ve just played it so much I’m bored of it now.

Haha! I did know it had been out for a while but did not realize it had been 7 years! Just goes to show how fast time flies. 

Will for sure take a look into it and see what it is like 🙂

On 9/24/2023 at 3:27 PM, Shortie said:

Haha! I did know it had been out for a while but did not realize it had been 7 years! Just goes to show how fast time flies. 

Will for sure take a look into it and see what it is like 🙂

Yup! It’s crazy how fast time has flown. I still remember sitting on the school bus downloading the game for the first time and now I’ve just finished a degree. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 9:58 AM, Excommunicado said:

There was another game I played which was Top Eleven Football Manager, there are some offers in the game which you will complete some tasks to earn tokens in Top Eleven Football Manager. Clash Royale happens to be one of the games that you can play in those offers. It was how I knew about the game and played it.