• 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

[Discussion] Game Pass Core to Replace Xbox Live Gold, Ushering in a New Era of Gaming

Microsoft is ringing in a new era in its gaming saga as it prepares to sunset Xbox Live Gold, a service that has been an integral part of the Xbox gaming experience for over two decades. In its place, Microsoft is set to launch Game Pass Core on September 14, promising a unique transformation in the Xbox gaming landscape.

Launched on November 15, 2002, Xbox Live Gold has been a pivotal service across several generations of Xbox consoles. However, its glory days, particularly marked by the online multiplayer portion of Halo 2, will now make way for an innovative platform that extends the gaming experience beyond multiplayer online console gaming.

Game Pass Core is set to be a game-changer in the realm of online gaming subscriptions, offering access to over 25 games for play on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One at a monthly cost of $9.99, or an annual subscription of $59.99. This move comes in the wake of dwindling interest in the Games with Gold promotion, which has been criticized for its lackluster free titles.

On launch day, existing Xbox Live Gold members will be automatically migrated to Game Pass Core. This also marks the end of the Games with Gold service starting from September 1. The inaugural list of Core games includes fan favorites like Doom Eternal, Halo 5: Guardians, and The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited, among others. Microsoft promises to add new games to this list a few times a year.

Addressing questions about previous game entitlements, Microsoft assured that players can still access their redeemed Xbox One games through Games with Gold, provided they remain Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass Core members. Xbox 360 titles redeemed via Games with Gold will stay in a player’s library regardless of their subscription status.

In the words of Jerret West, CVP, Gaming Marketing at Microsoft, the transformation to Game Pass Core is an opportunity to reimagine gaming subscription content, leveraging select titles from the Xbox Game Pass catalog.

game-pass-core.png.d2373037b1f165b22332cdbf4dcb467a.png

Now, Game Pass will be divided into four offerings: Core ($9.99/month), Console ($10.99/month), PC ($9.99/month), and Ultimate ($16.99/month). The Console Game Pass will continue to exclude access to online console multiplayer.

Despite a slight increase in the pricing of Game Pass services, Microsoft remains committed to providing a rich gaming experience, even as the company faces criticism over the profitability of the Game Pass model. As the tech giant gears up to finalize its acquisition of Call of Duty maker Activision Blizzard, the advent of Game Pass Core signals a significant moment in the future of online gaming.

View full article

AdSense Advertisement

This is interesting and the first time I have heard this but I am excited for the changes to take effect.

I will admit, the games for gold really did start getting worse and worse and I had seen many people even saying about it on Twitter as well so this move is definitely great not only for gamers but also for Microsoft as well.

Excited to see how this all works out when it is finally released. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shortie said:

This is interesting and the first time I have heard this but I am excited for the changes to take effect.

I will admit, the games for gold really did start getting worse and worse and I had seen many people even saying about it on Twitter as well so this move is definitely great not only for gamers but also for Microsoft as well.

Excited to see how this all works out when it is finally released. 

I agree, the Glod games were fairly lackluster at best and the line up for core seems small, but a nice list for a starting gamer.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:37 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

I agree, the Glod games were fairly lackluster at best and the line up for core seems small, but a nice list for a starting gamer.

Definitely, as long as the games are something most would play and are good enough to entice people to purchase what is on offer then it should work. I feel that Games with Gold was slowly dying out for a while and you could tell with the amount of games being not interesting enough.