• 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you think Call of Duty franchise is dying off?

Call of Duty franchise used to be one of best shooting games out there. I can remember back in the days with Black Ops and the rest, it was a very good experience. But recently, there's been a massive drop in the number of people playing the game and also what happened with Activision Blizzard before it was sold to Microsoft, do you think it's affecting the game so bad in way it's killing it off? 

• Like 1

AdSense Advertisement

I don't feel that the Microsoft deal has had much on an effect up to the point, but I do feel like the creative pool for the games is about dried up.  The new changes and systems that they use are rarely received well by the players, but they also can't sit on the same thing each year.  

Sadly I feel like the studios are pretty drained after all these years and I can't see a massive change coming any day soon.  However I always retain hope that they can pull something off.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncrowned Guard said:

I don't feel that the Microsoft deal has had much on an effect up to the point, but I do feel like the creative pool for the games is about dried up.  The new changes and systems that they use are rarely received well by the players, but they also can't sit on the same thing each year.  

Sadly I feel like the studios are pretty drained after all these years and I can't see a massive change coming any day soon.  However I always retain hope that they can pull something off.

They had just been doing the same thing EA have been doing with their FIFA game's franchise which is why gamers have been given almost the same thing each passing year. 

If Microsoft takes up everything that's with the game's development, I believe that might change some things in the development team and hopefully, we would see something creative again. 

I don't think the Call of Duty Franchise is dying off as no game can really die off if it still has players but I do feel that the game is becoming stale for many at the moment with no much of a change to the games when they release in terms of the multiplayer side of things which is resulting in many people turning away from the game so the players are dropping but with the hardcore fans still coming back and playing each time there is a new game, that is what is keeping the game from dying. Seeing a break between games of about a year or so where they can come up with new stuff to add to the game to freshen it up I feel will help a lot. 

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:24 AM, Shortie said:

Seeing a break between games of about a year or so where they can come up with new stuff to add to the game to freshen it up I feel will help a lot. 

I think that's the path Microsoft have planed to take with ending a yearly release of Call of Duty games. It's a nice approach to be very honest with you because too much rush in releasing the game every year isn't helping it anymore. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

I think that's the path Microsoft have planed to take with ending a yearly release of Call of Duty games. It's a nice approach to be very honest with you because too much rush in releasing the game every year isn't helping it anymore. 

It really isn't. They are giving themselves very little time to be able to bring anything new to the game due to such a short window to build the game up, show it off and then release it and I have noticed that a lot of Call of Duty games now tend to get released with a lot of issues so that shows just how much time they have to be able to get the game ready for a solid release.

I firmly believe that the reason that so many are now the way they are with Call of Duty is because of the broken game releases we have had. There have been way too many.

4 hours ago, Shortie said:

It really isn't. They are giving themselves very little time to be able to bring anything new to the game due to such a short window to build the game up, show it off and then release it and I have noticed that a lot of Call of Duty games now tend to get released with a lot of issues so that shows just how much time they have to be able to get the game ready for a solid release.

I firmly believe that the reason that so many are now the way they are with Call of Duty is because of the broken game releases we have had. There have been way too many.

Yeah, that's very correct. It's all down to rushing games for releases. There's no way they would be able to work up a great game in that very short time in a year. Look at what happened with Battlefield 2042, it wasn't funny. Older releases on COD like Black Ops were so good. It's why I loved Call of Duty Black Ops 2 so much. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's very correct. It's all down to rushing games for releases. There's no way they would be able to work up a great game in that very short time in a year. Look at what happened with Battlefield 2042, it wasn't funny. Older releases on COD like Black Ops were so good. It's why I loved Call of Duty Black Ops 2 so much. 

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 was definitely my favorite, I played that game so much and really did enjoy it and had high hopes for Call of Duty after that but I only ended up disappointed which was a shame. They had something good going with the Black Ops games and they just lost it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Shortie said:

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 was definitely my favorite, I played that game so much and really did enjoy it and had high hopes for Call of Duty after that but I only ended up disappointed which was a shame. They had something good going with the Black Ops games and they just lost it. 

It's quite a shame no doubt. A lot of gamers felt done wrong with what Activision Blizzard did with the recent games. Take a look at what went on with Call of Duty Vanguard, yes it looked like a good game but it was never near how good older releases were, say Black Ops 2. 

• Like 1