• 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

Why Join Us?

• Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

• AdSense Advertisement

Do you like playing with wired or wireless controllers?

Ever since wireless console controllers came into existence, I have played at least 90% of my games with them. It's so easy to play with them because the restrictions we had with weird controllers was completely eliminated. I just kept my wired controllers as a back up in case my wireless controllers died on me or I failed to have it charged. 

Which one do you like to play with now? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

AdSense Advertisement

Since around 2020, I had to use a third-party wired controller myself as the official controller I got with my Xbox One X the year before unfortunately got stick drift and became unuseable. I use third-party controllers that were wired for around 2 years before last October I was able to finally purchase myself an official controller again and now I am back to wireless which I much prefer. 

The different between wired and wireless is amazing and I will always choose wireless when I can. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 4:02 AM, Kale said:

I have my controller plugged into my PC all the time which is a PS4 controller. I have a battery one for my Series S when I use the console to play games or watch streaming.

I played with a wired controller on my PC when I started playing video games on PC newly. It was very difficult adapting to playing with keyboard and mouse, so I used the controller for a while. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uncrowned Guard said:

I actually prefer wired controllers most of the time, but the Xbox controller is my preferred setup and they only come wireless.  I keep saying that I will grab a Razer Wolverine or something along those lines for a wired choice, but they cost a bit much.

Is it that you wouldn't have to worry about charging the wired controllers that makes you love using them more often? It's the only reason why brother goes with wired controllers too. 

• 2 months later...
51 minutes ago, kensonplays said:

I use wireless PS5/xbox elite (for pc) controllers, wireless keyboard and mouse on PC. It lets me have no wires dragging around my desk like getting tangled up with my streamdeck or mic arm.

Are theses rechargeable or do you find you have to use normal batteries and change them out? How long does the charge tend to last in your wireless devices?

I will admit, I would love to go completely wireless but at the moment, only my Xbox One controller is wireless. 

22 hours ago, Shortie said:

Are theses rechargeable or do you find you have to use normal batteries and change them out? How long does the charge tend to last in your wireless devices?

I will admit, I would love to go completely wireless but at the moment, only my Xbox One controller is wireless. 

Playstation 5 DualSense Edge controller comes with an internal battery it's wired charged while the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller internal battery and it's both wired and wireless charged. 

22 hours ago, Shortie said:

PS5 controller is usb-c and from Sony.

KB/M are Corsair and one uses the older micro USB and one uses USB-C.

2 minutes ago, kensonplays said:

PS5 controller is usb-c and from Sony.

KB/M are Corsair and one uses the older micro USB and one uses USB-C.

What's the colour of your PlayStation 5 controller? Is it usual black or you managed to get something different? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I actively played and owned a PS4 I would play with wireless controllers, it gives you much more room to move around and you might not actually pull a cable out of its socket. I wouldn't understand why anyone would prefer wired over wireless.

• 3 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, Excommunicado said:

Wireless! Surely everyone’s preference is wireless? It gives you the flexibility to be able to move around or sit further back whereas with wired you can only move so far.

Yeah, that's very correct. Most gamers have upgraded from using wired controllers to using wireless one's for playing their video games. The flexibility of using wireless controllers is what makes it feels so good. You don't have to be confined into one position to play like how wired controllers forces you to.