Jump to content
  • 🎮 Step into the Uncrowned Gaming Arena – Sign Up Now! 🎮

    Ready to Level Up Your Gaming Experience?

    👋 Attention gamers! Tired of those distracting ads? We've got your back! Join Uncrowned Gaming for free and say goodbye to AdSense ads, immersing yourself fully in the world of first-person and third-person shooters.

    Why Join Us?

    • Community of Gamers: Connect with fellow shooter game enthusiasts in a friendly and engaging environment.
    • Deep Dive into Discussions: From tactical strategies to the latest game releases, join conversations that fuel your passion.
    • Share and Grow: Whether you're sharing a game review or seeking tips, this is your platform to shine.
    • Ad-Free Gaming Zone: Once you're a member, those AdSense ads disappear, making your experience smoother and more enjoyable.

    Uncrowned Gaming is more than just a forum; it's a community where your passion for shooters is shared and celebrated. Sign up now, ditch those ads, and become part of a community that’s all about gaming thrills and skills.

    👉 Your next gaming adventure awaits. Join Uncrowned Gaming – where every level matters! 👈

  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


Does Anyone Collect Video Games?


Recommended Posts

Do we have any video game collectors here? 

 

I've been collecting since I was quite young, so I've managed to amass a fairly large collection which I love.  In particular I love my Sega Saturn and a fair few games for it, my original Xbox, and the N64.  Mainly it's just nice to be able to go back in your memory, think of a game from your childhood you want to play, grab that game and go and play it!  It's a wonderful feeling playing older games on their original hardware.  As much as I love emulation and backwards compatibility, nothing beats the actual game on the actual hardware.

 

Anyone else here collect?

  • Happy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

AdSense Advertisement


I never got into collections.  There was one point when I first started having spending money that I started buying the limited edition of some games, but then everything started going digital and I never kept up with it. 

Although in hindsight, I probably should have saved all those old N64 games. 😅

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, Uncrowned Guard said:

That can be an expensive hobby!

You're right about that being an expensive hobby. There's a great find of mine whom I meet in one gaming forum some years ago and he's heavily into collecting games especially on disc. He spends quite a lot of money on them but then again he was rich enough to afford it. He's focused on collecting Japanese Ntsc-j region video games mostly. 

Edited by Heatman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as I am a gamer and I love gaming, collecting video games was never something I go into, mainly because of how much it would cost if I am honest as it can get quite expensive buying video games and keeping your collection building up. With digital purchases now being so popular now as well I tend to buy a lot of my games digitally rather than physically as well so I wouldn't be able to make much of a collection that way now either. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Shortie said:

As much as I am a gamer and I love gaming, collecting video games was never something I go into, mainly because of how much it would cost if I am honest as it can get quite expensive buying video games and keeping your collection building up. With digital purchases now being so popular now as well I tend to buy a lot of my games digitally rather than physically as well so I wouldn't be able to make much of a collection that way now either. 

Yeah, digital games players can't do well as a game collector. Also, they don't have a selling value once you have installed them on your console or PC. Another thing that stops me from getting into collecting games on disc is having to deal with taking care of them to make sure they don't get damaged and I happen to move a lot. It's going to be very challenging. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, digital games players can't do well as a game collector. Also, they don't have a selling value once you have installed them on your console or PC. Another thing that stops me from getting into collecting games on disc is having to deal with taking care of them to make sure they don't get damaged and I happen to move a lot. It's going to be very challenging. 

Yes, that is the only issue, having somewhere to store them where they will not get damaged. I myself am the same, I haven't moved in nearly 7 years now but I know one day I will need to move again. It's also having the storage space as well to be able to keep the games where they will be safe and avoid damage. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 1/26/2023 at 1:12 AM, Shortie said:

Yes, that is the only issue, having somewhere to store them where they will not get damaged. I myself am the same, I haven't moved in nearly 7 years now but I know one day I will need to move again. It's also having the storage space as well to be able to keep the games where they will be safe and avoid damage. 

It's why I have completely moved on from being a collector. In the end if it's something that I happen to get the chance of getting into, I will surely take it up. Game collector who sell some of their collected games makes a lot money in the process. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm not a collector, but we have some old PS2 and Wii games (with systems) I'd probably consider unloading someday. They really belong to my daughter, but she doesn't want them in her tiny apartment, so they're being stored in my basement for now. 2 big boxes!! 

Do games go bad over time?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2023 at 7:06 PM, Katterly said:

I'm not a collector, but we have some old PS2 and Wii games (with systems) I'd probably consider unloading someday. They really belong to my daughter, but she doesn't want them in her tiny apartment, so they're being stored in my basement for now. 2 big boxes!! 

Do games go bad over time?

They are pretty hardy, but high humidity and crazy temps can do damage over time and discs can warp in shape if stored with weight on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2023 at 12:06 AM, Katterly said:

I'm not a collector, but we have some old PS2 and Wii games (with systems) I'd probably consider unloading someday. They really belong to my daughter, but she doesn't want them in her tiny apartment, so they're being stored in my basement for now. 2 big boxes!! 

Do games go bad over time?

It depends on how they are stored and the environmental weather changes. Just like you mentioned they are stored in the basement, it's best to make sure no heavy items are packed on top to avoid damaging them. If it's possible to get them out once in a while and have them cleaned up and allow for small air ventilating them, that's gonna help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, Excommunicado said:

I don’t collect video games but I collect a lot of other things and now that I think of it, it would be fun to collect video games. Maybe if I can find my old PS2 and Xbox 360 games I’ll start a collection! 

What are the other things which you have been collecting apart from video games? Personally, I've been collecting football jersey of both clubs and national teams. I have quite a good collection already. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to get into the hobby, just like I would with vinyl records.   Anyway, it would probably be all Nintendo.   It might be a few years before I start getting into other consoles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Jason said:

I'd like to get into the hobby, just like I would with vinyl records.   Anyway, it would probably be all Nintendo.   It might be a few years before I start getting into other consoles.

There are definitely so many to collect on Nintendo depending on which year you wanted to focus starting your collection. It can take more than 5 years before you can wrap it up and go for another console. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


  • AdSense Advertisement


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.