In the vast universe of Starfield, proper weapon etiquette is essential to navigate settlements peacefully and efficiently. This guide will show you how to holster your weapon in Starfield, ensuring you avoid unnecessary alarm, tension, and discomfort among NPCs. Additionally, we'll explore the added benefit of increased movement speed that comes with holstered weapons.
Why Holster Your Weapon
As you venture through various star systems, you'll encounter a multitude of settlements. In these civilized areas, having your weapon unsheathed can create alarm and tension among the NPCs. Moreover, displaying your weapon in crowded spaces can make bystanders uncomfortable and potentially escalate conflicts. By holstering your weapon, you not only contribute to a more harmonious environment but also enjoy a slight boost in movement speed.
How To Holster Your Weapon
Method 1: Holster with Button Controls
- Hold Reload Button: To holster your weapon, simply hold down the reload button. On the keyboard, press and hold the 'R' key. If you're using an Xbox controller, press and hold the 'X' button.
- Maintain Button Press: Keep the reload button held down for approximately half a second. During this time, your character will smoothly stow away their weapon.
Drawing: Button Controls
Draw Weapon: To draw your weapon again, you have two options:
- Tap Reload Button: Tap the reload button (default 'R' on keyboard, 'X' on Xbox controller) once more.
- Click Shoot or Aim Buttons: Alternatively, click the shoot or aim buttons to draw your weapon.
Method 2: Quick-Keys Menu
Access Quick-Keys Menu: An alternative method involves using the Quick-Keys menu to holster your weapon. To access the Quick-Keys menu:
- On the keyboard, press the 'Q' key.
- On the Xbox controller, utilize the D-Pad.
- Select Weapon or Item: Once in the Quick-Keys menu, select the weapon or item you want to have in your hands. This action will automatically holster your weapon.
Incorporating Holstering into Your Routine
As you grow accustomed to holstering your weapon, it will become second nature, especially when you're exploring planets and settlements outside of combat situations. By following these steps, you'll seamlessly transition between combat-ready and peaceful states, contributing to a more immersive and enjoyable experience in the captivating universe of Starfield.